Enjoy a Fun Family Outing at Madame Tussauds Bangkok
Madame Tussauds, the internationally renowned wax museum that originated in London, also has a branch in Bangkok. It offers an entertaining escape that’s great fun for families with a bit of extra time to spare in Bangkok. If you’re staying at Centre Point Sukhumvit 10, we highly recommend that you schedule a family visit.
If you’ve never been to a Madame Tussauds before, be prepared to let go of your preconceptions. More than 200 years after the original museum opened in London, it’s safe to say that Madame Tussauds has learned a thing or two about how to entertain visitors. This is not your typical wax museum. Instead, each of the lifelike wax figures on display here are cast in the midst of detailed set pieces, and guests are encouraged to take a hands-on approach.
As your family strolls through the exhibits, you’ll have the chance to get up close and personal with the statues on display. You can drape an arm over Brad Pitt’s shoulder, strike a pose with Chairman Mao or take a piano lesson with Beethoven. Madame Tussauds is all about having fun, and that’s exactly what you and the family can plan on doing during your visit.
Madame Tussauds Bangkok Highlights
Madame Tussauds is divided into separate showrooms, each with its own overarching theme. With that in mind, the wax statues that you find in any given room will have either an occupation or historical role in common. Here is a sampling of the various displays and exhibits that you’ll find at Madame Tussauds Bangkok, along with examples of the lifelike wax figures you can expect to meet inside:
- Sport: Pose next to the likeness of your favourite sport superstars, including Serena Williams, David Beckham and more; you can also take part in interactive games.
- TV: Meet local and international TV celebrities on set with cameras and big screens in the background.
- Music: From Beyoncé Knowles to Jay Chou, Madame Tussauds features pop music stars from around the world.
- Film: Take a photo alongside A-list movie-star celebrities from near and far; the actors and actresses here represent Hollywood blockbusters, Asian cinema and iconic Thai films.
- A-List: These larger-than-life celebrities include some of the biggest names in international entertainment; meet the likes of Jackie Chan, Vin Diesel, Angelina Jolie and more.
- Leaders: In this collection, you’ll find some of the most influential people in recent history together under one roof – from Barack Obama to Aung San Suu Kyi.
- History: Explore the lives, times and likenesses of influential people who have shaped the history of Asia.
Getting to Madame Tussauds Bangkok
Madame Tussauds Bangkok is located on the sixth floor of Siam Discovery. From Centre Point Sukhumvit, simply take the BTS Skytrain from Asoke or Nana to Siam station. From here, it’s only a five-minute walk. If you’re planning on taking the family to Madame Tussauds, let our front-desk staff know, and we’ll help you make the arrangements.